Monday, March 21, 2011

Hell Is...

In my estimation, Hell must be driving behind an endless chain of Los Angeles Buses and Prius drivers on Santa Monica Boulevard between the Wilshire intersection and La Cienega Boulevard from 7 am-6pm on a rainy day.

Buses, I get.
They're big, they're slow, they have to stop for people every 10 feet.

But Prius drivers are one of the greatest mysteries of our universe. Neither science nor religion will ever be able to explain why Prius drivers lose their ability to function on a rational level once they buy this car. I am convinced Prius owners sign away not a part of their soul but rather a large part of their brain in order to own said vehicle. It takes every ounce of self-control that I have not to run through every environmentally-friendly yet small Prius with my gas-guzzling, yet large and imposing Jeep Wrangler as I drive behind them.

I'm an optimist. And as such, I must believe that one day operating an automobile on this planet will be logical. Hopefully in my lifetime...

Speaking of which... where are the flying cars I was promised in Back To The Future Part 2?




No comments: